Week 52 - 19 November 2003
First I will give the nights report then I will give the year end figures.
Rick worked on the port wing fillet some more then started the starboard
wing fillet. He also worked on the top hump some more. If you jump ahead
and look at the second picture you can see the patch he added, located just
forward of half way. This area was con-caved (sucked in). We don't know
if plans were wrong or the kit cutter goofed. We checked and the formers
were in their correct locations.
Greg & Gary worked on the horizontal stab and the elevators. The delrin
hinge plates were located and mounted into location. This can be seen in
the first picture. Once that was done, we finished sheeting the horizontal
stab. Inboard on the elevators we added the new former as discussed last
week and sanded the existing former away. We now have enough clearance
against the fuse for the elevators to work properly. The horizontal stab
/elevator assembly can be seen in the last picture.
We called it a night and started cleaning the shop and tried to install the
horizontal into the fuse for pictures like in the past. Oops, it don't
fit. The reason is the sheeting we added. Our previous cutout
did not allow for the sheeting. We will rectify that next week.
FIRST YEAR FIGURES:
Amount of Ca Glue used------23 oz (14 oz thin & 9oz thick)
Total man-hours spent---------393 hours
Total money actually spent-----$1,278.67 US Dollars
Major Contributions:----Dale Beck & Leland Bradshaw----Hand built tail
Accomplishments So Far:
Every thing is framed up with the exception of the cowls, ailerons and
The wing is built and the top totally sheeted.
Fuse is completely built and sheeted except for a small area near starboard
Rudder is completed and hinged.
Horizontal & elevators are near ready to install into the fuse.
Motors are already purchased but still need converted.
Estimated completion Date:
In the beginning we said it would be a two year project. I believe we are
right-on on the two year thing, as there is a lot of details to be worked
out and completed. Therefore November 2004 would be the
completion date, however in reality, the first flight would probably to more
like March/April of 2005 when the weather in this part of the country would